Pterosaur Relaxation Story CD
Fun stories that use simple, calming relaxation and visualisation techniques to help children calm down.
Guided relaxation designed specially for kids!
Calming spoken rhythms, and relaxing natural sounds, take children on an imaginative journey full of sleepy little creatures (and a few snoozy big ones too).
Children love our stories - and there’s no better way to engage busy little people, to help them focus on slowing down.
Soundscapes and effects
Natural soundscapes and sound effects evoke an imaginary world (as well as masking household background noise).
Slowing children down, ready for sleep
Each Dinosnores CD is a full 60 minutes long - around 30 minutes of stories with relaxation and visualisation techniques (presented in short, easy to follow chapters) with soundscape and effects continuing for a full 60 minutes - spanning children’s short sleep cycles to help make sure they stay settled.
We recommend Dinosnores CDs to use with our gentle sleep training techniques. You could sit or lie with your child and listen to the CD togethe. As they start to relax you could pop out for a brief time, or use this CD while you are grdually moving yourself away from being with your child as they fall asleep.
Suitable for children ages 3 to 9 years.
- Displaying reviews 1-3 of 3
- Pages: 1
By Christiana from Wellington on 9 October 2018
This CD is amazing! We bought the dragon one for our 7 yo girl and 4 yo boy and it puts me (and more importantly them) to sleep easily EVERY time with no exceptions! The story helps them to focus on something other than the troubles of the day and slow down their breathing. Our youngest is out to it within 10 mins and the 7 yo who was having difficulty getting off to sleep for up to 2 hours is now quietly resting and falling asleep before the end of the CD, if not sooner. Happier, more rested children. I can't wait to try the other stories but there have been no requests for an alternative bedtime story as yet and it's been over a week. Very, very happy!
You've been a very busy dragon
By Cassandra from Tauranga on 24 July 2018
Brilliant, has become another part of the bed time routine. My busy 3 year old boy winds down to this every night after his stories & songs with mum or dad. Its great to have 1 last trick up your sleeve when he is asking for 1 more story, 1 more song, now its, how about your dragon cd? Which is always followed by yes. Also helps to drown out the other house hold sounds that can still be going on. Hes usually fast asleep before the relaxation part of CD begins.
By GLENDA from LINCOLN on 24 July 2018
My 4 year old daughter adores this cd...she has listened to it pretty much every night since we bought it (at least 6 months ago!) The narrator has a slow calming voice and it helps to settle my little lady in to bed.
- Displaying reviews 1-3 of 3
- Pages: 1
Forest Night CD$18.95
Ocean Waves CD$18.95
Spring Rain CD$18.95
Fairy Relaxation Story CD$18.95
Mermaid Relaxation Story CD$18.95
Dragon Relaxation Story CD$18.95
Kitten Relaxation Story CD$18.95
Pterosaur Relaxation Story CD$18.95
Honeybees Relaxation Story CD$18.95
Dinosnores sleepy stories help children slow down, ready for sleep.
Guided relaxation and meditation for kids - with stories!
Designed by childcare and child language experts, Dinosnores stories and soundscapes use relaxation and visualisation techniques to take kids on an imaginative journey, with calming vocal rhythms and soothing natural sounds.
- Make bedtime easy, naturally
- Each story runs for around 30 minutes, with a soundscape that lasts for a full hour - to make sure children stay asleep after settling.
- Stories engage the listener - evoking an imaginary world.
- Natural backgrounds and effects - stimulate the imagination, and mask household background noise.
- Strategies to encourage listening and language development - simple, specific instructions, using explanations and repetition.
- Cool stuff to learn about nature - parents might pick up a few facts too!
Create the perfect snoozy environment to help a baby settle and sleep.
- Calming voices, with relaxing natural sounds
- Simple, soothing phrases - to help reassure.
- Natural backgrounds and effects - to mask household background noise.
- Great from newborn to 12 months
Help children sleep - sleep tips from Dinosores
1. Have a regular bedtime.
2. Make the bedroom comfortable dark place to sleep, with no television or other electronic devices
3. Have a regular calming bedtime routine. In our home we do bath, teeth, books, then Dinosnores sleepy story CD.
4. Avoid the "I can't sleep" argument. Ask children to "lie down and rest their bodies" instead of telling them to "go to sleep".
5. Avoid TV, computer or electronic games after dinner, they have all been found to make sleep more difficult.
6. Get the kids out exercising in the day to help them sleep at night.
7. Avoid caffeine and sugar saturated foods.
8. Consider dropping daytime naps as your child gets older.
9. Talk to your doctor to rule out medical causes of sleep difficulties
10. During the holidays, anticipate some disruption at bedtime if you are changing your family routine.