Why use a baby sleeping bag or sleep sack?
If you are trying to decide if a baby sleeping bag is right for your baby, here are some great benefits from using a sleeping bag or sleep sack:
- Baby sleeping bags are designed to provide comfort and warmth without the need for additional bedding.
- As there are no sheets or blankets to kick off while in a baby sleeping bag, your baby won't wake up cold.
- As your baby stays a consistent, warm temperature all night, your baby is not likely to wake from the cold (they may still wake if there are issues with sleep associations or self settling).
- A sleeping bag is a safer sleeping enviornment since there are no sheets or blankets to wriggle under or pose a suffocation threat.
- The baby sleeping bag also prevents little feet from becoming stuck between cot bars.
- The transition from bassinet to a cot, and later cot to bed, is less daunting because the sleeping conditions remain the same.
- You can cuddle your baby and complete their bedtime routine in their sleeping bag and then place them in their cot, which makes settling much easier.
- Your baby will quickly develop a sleep association with their sleeping bag, meaning the bag is a strong cue that it is sleep time when ever they are put into their bag.
- By taking your baby sleeping bag on holiday or when visiting family and friends, your baby sleeps in a safe and familiar environment.
- Travel sleeping bags, which have a slot of the pushchair buckle, help baby with a regular sleeping routine, even when you are are out. This also allows your child to fall asleep in a pram or pushchair and then simply transfer your baby to their cot or bed.